Senior Sensor Integration Engineer
- ReferenceJob : Senior Sensor Integration Engineer
- Type de contrat : CDI
- Service : R&D
- Region/City : Renens
- Pays : Suisse
- Date : 06/09/2018
The R&D department is currently looking for a Senior Sensor Integration Engineer.
The Senior Sensor Integration Engineer integrates sensors and controller being developed for coordinate measurement machines (CMM) of Hexagon MI (multi-site international group).
He/she is therefore required to understand the different interfaces and modules (mechanical, electronic, SW, optical, etc.). He/she is responsible of the integration strategy and implementation including the various system-level tests. He/she identifies issues in a systematic way and proposes adapted solutions together with the rest of the team. He/she analyzes and characterizes the results obtained, and then summarizes the main findings in clear and concise reports. He/she is also required to understand and know the metrological and industrial standards of metrology sensory products. He/she also coordinates integration activities along with the team of test engineers.
- Management of sensor integration within the Hexagon group (multi-sites): budget and planning, risk management, coordination with test teams, preparation of deliverables, review and reporting to the core team
- Definition of the integration concept:
- Understanding the system-level constraints (firmware, electronics, modelling, communication) related to the integration
- Mapping the system-level requirements into an optimized (using DOE) test plan: functional, metrology and application tests
- Defining and implementing an automated test approach
- Statistical processing and analysis of test results and metrological evaluation of product integrations
- Performing root cause analysis together with the R&D team to propose appropriate short-term and long-term solutions
- Continuous learning of key CMM components and their interactions
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in microengineering, mechatronics, physics, or electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in integrating new products within the dimensional or precision industry.
- Experience as an integration and/or system engineer in technical and complex fields including mechanics, electronics, software and possibly optics.
- Knowledge of dimensional measurement specific standards (eg ISO 10360) or similar.
- Proficient knowledge in the field of measurement / metrology, statistics and test plan optimization.
- Language skills: English (fluent) / French (asset)
- Soft skills: Excellent communication, leadership, ownership, methodological approach, client- and result-oriented, flexible, problem solver, didactic/teaching skills
Starting date: Immediately